Friday, August 3, 2012

Relient K

Throughout junior high, highschool, college, and probably even post-college my favorite band has been Relient K. While I have other artists that I greatly enjoy, and sometimes my Relient K albums end up sitting in my library unplayed for a period of time, coming back to my Relient K songs is always a joy and they're a staple of any playlist that I make.

In 2004 (2005?) I had a chance to see them in concert in Tucson during my freshman year at U of A and failed to get tickets before they sold out. To say I was bummed would be an understatement. Since then things just haven't worked out for me to see them live.

Luckily, 8 years later, I was finally able to remedy that! I got to see them live on Wednesday night at Marquee Theater in Tempe.


Going into the concert I was a bit sad that I hadn't been able to see them in concert in their earlier days since the earlier albums were the ones that I fell in love with. I was pleasantly surprised when they played quite a few of their older songs and actually did an excellent job at giving us a spread that included songs from most of their albums.

 
I can officially cross a Relient K concert off of my bucket list!



PS: If you're wondering which Relient K song is my favorite...it's actually a Christmas song. Enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...