Friday, August 10, 2012

Golden West Camp 2012

OK, you guys all knew this blog post was coming. My "scrapbook" wouldn't be complete without a post about camp after all.

I've just recently started to feel like I've fully recovered from camp and it's been nice to spend the last week or so relaxing a bit. I've been majorly procrastinating on finishing my post camp work (think balancing the checkbook, ick), but one of these days I'll get around to it.

Golden West Camp 2012 had its ups and downs like any other year of camp, but at this point it's one of my favorite years ever. There were a lot of things about this year that were unique for me, but there were also a lot of things that were just camp like usual. So without further ado, the list (you had to have known it would be a list, right?):

    1) Cabin 12 My wonderful Citation achievers (plus 1) cabin that I was blessed to be the counselor of this year! Aren't they cute?


    2) The wonderful blue team.  I hadn't been a counselor on the blue team since my first year as a counselor back in 2006, and I enjoyed being back on one of my favorite colors. This team was by far one of my favorite teams I've ever been on, including my years as a camper. The team jived together amazingly well and I'm proud of their attitudes and teamwork throughout the week.


    3) The awesome blue team counselors. The blue team had two first year counselors in JV and I think they both make stellar counselors. It was also Mr Good's first year as a Varsity team captain and he more than rose to the occasion.

    4) The weather. Despite the fact that rain has a way of ruining the schedule, I always enjoy a chance to experience a good dose of it. My umbrella was probably the most essential thing I packed that week.


    5) Getting to have new counselors like this one come to camp. Working with Kelli DiPietro throughout the year in Journey is already a blessing, so having her at camp was an even better blessing.


    6) A bear skit. You had to be there. And even for those who saw it, what they didn't see was the 15 times the girls practiced this before they did it. Or how many times I almost fell off of my bunk laughing at them as they figured it all out.


      7) Theme days. We're still rocking them.



    8) Citation achievers. 2012 was one of the best groups of Citation achievers I've seen as a counselor. I'm really proud of what these students have already accomplished and I'm even more excited to see what God does through them in the coming years.


    9) Floor hockey. And speaking of those Citation achievers, they play a mean game of floor hockey at 11 PM on the last night of camp. The staff still beat them though. =D



    U of A hats year #5
    10) Traditions live on. You knew they would.



    And last but not least I'll leave you with this picture because these guys are awesome.

    1 comments:

    Kelli D. said...

    Awww!! :)

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...