I'm a fan of smartphones and use mine to organize a lot of areas of my life. I particularly like having it when I'm out and about to take care of getting things done, like responding to emails if I'm waiting in line. But I also try hard to be someone who puts my phone away when I'm with people so that I focus on them, rather than my phone.
Whenever a friend gets a smartphone for the first time they're always asking me which apps to install first. Everyone is different, but here's what I love.
No Lock - This isn't actually an app that I interact with at all, but I use it everyday. It keeps my screen from requiring me to swipe in order to get to my home screen when I want to use my phone. I don't ever want to go back to the swiping thing (and why in the world isn't there a setting for that built into the OS? Eh?).
Blink - I use this to change which color my LED light blinks depending on what kind of alert it is (blue = text message, green = personal email, red = camp email, etc).
Kindle - So that I can read no matter where I am.
YouVersion - The Bible. Gotta have it.
Google Maps - Best thing ever for looking for the closest XYZ when I'm out and about. Or for just figuring out where exactly I am.
Cut The Rope - My waste-my-time game of choice.
Quick Office - My text editor of choice.
Barcode Scanner - I think that all phones should come with this already installed. It's how you scan all those QR codes that you see around, and also a great way to scan barcodes in stores to try to find cheaper prices.
Volume Control - I use this app purely for it's widget that allows me to toggle between my sound settings quickly with a couple of taps of my finger.
ColorNote - I use this to put post-it notes on my home screen.
Obviously I use Gmail, Facebook, Instagram and other such common apps on a regular basis. And there are plenty of fun apps to play with, like Sleep for Android or Google Sky Map. But the ones listed above are the extra ones that I've added that I would be sad if I ever had to live without.
0 comments:
Post a Comment