In fact, my roofer told me to drive around and pick a house with a shingle color that I liked since that method of picking would be easier than looking at little sample pieces. I debated for a couple of days between gray and brown and eventually settled on a gray. The same day I picked and ordered my color I came home to see that my neighbor across the street had a new roof. I immediately fell in love with how it looked. It has a mix of grays in it and looks awesome. I called my poor roofer (on a Friday night no less) and asked if it would be possible to switch my order. I felt like such a girl at that moment. =D
Long story short, they were able to get me one that they thought was the same style as my neighbor's, but in the end it actually turned out to be different. The one they ended up getting has brown mixed in as well. At first I was a bit irked since it wasn't what I had asked for, but then I quickly realized it was the perfect marriage of the two colors I originally couldn't choose between.
| Before |
| During |
| After |
Now I just have painting, two windows and this eyesore to complete before I can wrap up my claim.
This weekend was the first bit of rain that the new roof has ever seen and so far all is well!
0 comments:
Post a Comment