Last night I finally got to see the Broadway musical Wicked. I've been wanting to see it for quite a few years now because I kept hearing about how incredible it was. I'd heard quite a few songs from it and they all impressed me. A couple of years ago it game to Phoenix (Gammage) but I missed the opportunity then. I didn't realize how rare the opportunity was at the time I guess. After hearing endless people tell me how incredible it was and how glad they were that they went I was definitely a bit jealous. I then attempted to go see Wicked ON Brodway when I was in NYC this year. Didn't end up working out unfortunately.
When I heard it was coming to Tucson I got pretty excited. Ever since I went to the Chris Tomlin concert down in Tucson I get the UAPresents mailers. Of course at that time tickets weren't yet on sale so after I saw the mailer I forgot about it for awhile. And of course by the time I started looking into tickets (around when the holidays were starting, crazy time of year) all the cheap ones were gone. So, while I ended up with more expensive tickets, it was worth it. Tyrel and Tyler (Ty-Ty) went down with me and we met up with a few people for dinner.
"Defying Gravity" was without a doubt the best musical performance I've seen live. I like the version I heard last night better than any recorded version of it I've ever heard. The lighting effects during that part were incredible as well. "For Good" is an amazing song that was well executed. And I had no idea how closely the story would tie into the Wizard of Oz. Obviously I knew it was the story of what happened before Dorothy but I had no idea how tightly knit everything was going to be.
If you ever get a chance to see Wicked live, you should do it!
0 comments:
Post a Comment