I’m not sure if it’s the new year’s resolutions wearing off on me or if it’s because I caught up on sleep but I’ve had a huge itch to get some home improvement projects done. And some decorating projects. And given the fact that I don’t have to work an extra two hours everyday anymore, I’ll actually be able to be home while there is still daylight outside. I see some spray painting projects coming on!
I have a few places in my house that have been bugging me (decorating wise) for awhile.
1) The big wall in the living room (which is painted but needs something on the wall). I’m contemplating mounting my LCD TV on this wall.
This is by far the largest wall in my house that I have to decorate and I think that is why it's been so daunting.
I also like these pieces of wall art from Target. I’d prefer to find something a bit more frugal though and I’m still hoping to find a Goodwill steal one of these days.
2) The other wall behind the couch. I think I’ve decided that I want to get a verse to put on the wall there. Problem is, ordering the wall stencil for a verse will not fit in with my frugal decorating ways. I did find a cheaper stencil place the other day and will probably end up just splurging on that item.
3) The guest bath. I actually painted this bath with stripes. I love the stripes. I hate the colors. Long story short, Lowe’s paint department failed me. What was supposed to be nice light green and gray stripes turned into green and purplish gray stripes. Not quite what I was going for. So now I have the task of repainting that bathroom.
Right now I really want to paint a room gray and decorate it with yellow accents since I love yellow so much. I think I might save this color scheme for my bedroom though.
I did some Googling and found some good inspiration:
http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&biw=1280&bih=620&gbv=2&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=gray+and+yellow+bedroom&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=
4) My bedroom (the master). This involves painting, possibly finding a new bedspread and painting or staining the dressers/nightstand/trunk that I got last year. All of the furniture pieces are unfinished wood just waiting to have something done to them.
I also have two curtains that I'm in the process of hanging up as well as a shelf in the laundry room that needs to be finished. I ran into an issue with the shelf that I'll have to get help with in order to fix. The curtains I'm just moving slowly on.
Question is, which project will actually get completed first?

0 comments:
Post a Comment