Monday, August 12, 2013

Golden West Camp 2013

My blog posts are coming a bit haphazardously this summer, but I guess that's somewhat fitting. Before I finish editing and posting more Europe details I wanted to take a minute to post about camp. GWC happened two weeks after I got back from Europe and was the last major thing on my calendar.

As most of you know, Golden West Camp is a big part of my life. It's a ministry that is really important to me and that I'm willing to devote a large chunk of time to every year. Going into this summer I was worried that my crazy schedule would mean that I wouldn't be able to go into camp as mentally and spiritually prepared as I would like to. I knew I could get the pre-camp work done, but I was worried about what state I would be in when July 20th rolled around. Even as I was driving up to camp I was telling my friend, who was in the car with me, that I didn't feel like camp was about to start. It didn't matter that I'd just spent the last week running around doing admin stuff for it, I think my brain was just fried at that point.

While this year wasn't my most amazing year, it was a great year of camp overall. Like always, I'm incredibly grateful to have been a part of it. I've talked to enough of the campers, either during camp or after we got back, to know that this year had an impact on a lot of them. I'd say that makes this year a successful year.

 
I was blessed to have an awesome cabin that had four girls from my church plus two wonderful girls from Tucson. All six of the girls are going to be seniors this year and it was a lot of fun to have an entire cabin of girls from "my class" right before they start their last year of highschool.

It's the beginning of the end for my time with this class of students. It's hard to believe that I only have one year left with them. I'm looking forward to making the most of it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...