But it was the one-off conversations that counselors had with campers and the individual questions that were raised that had an impact in my mind. I wish we'd had more time to deal with individual questions than we did, but I'm thankful for the ones that did get answered. And luckily, with camp being so small in numbers this year I feel like most of the campers have made enough of a connection with counselors that they were able to be ministered to in ways that weren't always possible with a larger camp.
Why do I come back every year?
There are numerous reasons why. One of the reasons that I come back every year is because I've grown attached to the campers that keep coming back year after year. I've built up strong friendships with a lot of them. At this point it's hard for me to imagine what camp would be like without them there.
The biggest reason that brings me back every year is because camp has had an impact on me like few other ministries ever have. Sure, a lot of my love for camp came from the fact that it was just plain fun. I don't think there's anything wrong with that either. But there were spiritual changes that happened in me as a result of camp and friendships that were strengthened through years spent at camp together that couldn't be easily reproduced in any other setting. In fact, a couple of those friendships are still going strong today, partially as a result of our continued devotion to camp.
A few picture highlights of the week...
Cabin 10 was the best cabin in the whole camp. I consider it a privilege to get to work with girls as amazing as these five are.
There was a lake experience. It was epic (and I have the cuts and bruises to prove it). Better picture coming later.
14 years (of camp) with these guys
At the end of the week the points ended up with the teams finishing in Awana order
We have an amazing group of counselors who provide the best support group that any of us could ask for.
Traditions live on.

1 comments:
I miss camp.
Post a Comment